2.1. SMTP Auth settings in Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook Instructions for setting up SMTP Auth
- Under the “Tools” option, choose “E-mail accounts”
- Next, you will select “View or Change Existing E-mail Accounts”
- Highlight your email account (if it’s not highlighted already) and click the “Change” button on the right hand side of the box.
- In the lower right hand corner of the box, click on the “more settings” button.
- Choose the “Outgoing Server” tab.
- There will be a check box for the option “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”- please check that box.
- Directly below that check box, please click on the option for “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
- Clock “Okay” at the bottom of the box and you will return to the email setting box.
- Click the “next” button at the bottom of that box.
- Click the “finish” button.
- Now, close Outlook and when you open it again, your box will be successfully configured for STMP Auth!